Adam Jones 42

B Class

Richard Sadler 10

Josh Maude 23

Tom Maddrell 25

Chris Short 28

Joanne Coles 33

Keelan Handcock 34

Would be interested to know why less than 40 riders entered this trial, is it a sign of the times or are we doing something wrong. Do riders plan to miss the IOW round because they think it will be to expensive?

About five people spent every evening last week and most of Saturday setting out this trial, trying to put on a good one, but when only around 37 take part you have to say was it worth it?

I also notice that some of those who did'nt enter have ridden in Europe this year, i believe the club may have a round next year, but why should we bother? Would people sooner ride at Cheadle? Please let use know because we don't.

A good trial that must have been hard work to plan the sections in a working quarry.

Maybe an earlier date in the year would help the devoted members of the IOW club to raise the entry numbers, before the championships look cut and dried, then all the competitors will be keen to secure the points.

Just you watch our entry in the Cheadle Trial.

Sympathies extended Alan.

We came down to the C & D trial earlier in the year. A good 'social' the night before at the campsite, a well organised event and home by midnight on the Sunday. A cracking weekend.

Maybe this time you were a victim of circumstances. Timing, geography and comitment.

I would say that perhaps 10 riders in each class (A & :icon_salut: will do all the rounds come what may. I wish we could be one of them but other things get in the way. WE do not have the comitment.

Many of your potential riders were at the Inter Centre the previous weekend in Devon. So if you live north of Manchester, two long drives on consecutive weekends might be a big ask. Unfortunate timing.

If the last 2 rounds in the Championship get ten of top 15 in each class and then all the lads/lasses living within 100 miles who think they might score a Championship point enter, there will be an entry of well over 80 riders. Purely geographical.

I understand that every time you enter a trial you overcome all of the above.

I'm sure you're doing nothing 'wrong' but your location, other peoples comitment and iffy timing are not helping you.

Keep going.

Mike.

We decided to give it a shot and despite Chris's bad first lap I felt it was worthwhile. It was a good trial with good sections. Perhaps the "Bestival" caused problems with accomodation or Ferries although I found it pretty easy to book from Southampton and Found virtually all the Hotels no more than 20 mins away from the Venue.

I was not going to attend Cheadle and Isle of Wight but found I could get the time off and decided to "go for it" and we have attended all rounds This Year. I have noticed that certain riders seem to have "given up" and have not attended the last couple of rounds which did affect your entry. However others came back. At least a couple of riders do the event by travelling down in the morning which is not easy on your event. Also at least 10-15 riders at the first round were local or "near" local and perhaps your round suffered from the missing "near" riders. It's not an easy question to answer. We'll have to see how EMRA and Mansfield Maun do for their rounds. I personally would like to say thanks and if Chris keeps improving we'll be back for "A" class next year.

Edited by Telecat