How Do You Make A Trailer More Manoeuvrable?

beta bodger

Mate of mine has a (supposedly lightweight) Dave cooper trailer that he needs to carry around the back of his house each time he comes back from a ride. He is about the kill himself doing this as he has to put the trailer on its side and carry it up three steps.

Does anyone know of an easy way or mod to make carrying it a bit easier????

A dolly perhaps?

Thanks

:o

Edited by Beta Bodger

I know it is perhaps expense he does't need but there is a very very good trailer called the GT1 that can be dismantled in a few minutes, perhaps that would be the answer. It is very over engineered & capable of transporting Big road bikes. It has apparently been used by the AA to recover bikes. It isnt cheap but will last a lifetime & is more economical to buy than a van in the short/longterm. I suppose a van would be an option because presumebly he has a car and somewhere he parks that. Hope this helps.

Might be useful .......

I built my trailer and made the hitch bar removable so the trailer is shorter.

Might be possible to modify your trailer similar.

Second, I made 2 dollies (sort of U shaped attatchments with wheels) that just push onto the side or end of the trailer so that the trailer can be lifted upright onto the dollies.

It's easy to wheel it around and even leave it (chain it!!!) upright against a fence/wall.