Hawks Nest Directions

the addict

Going up this weekend, can anyone post any directions if possible, we will be coming from junc15 on the M6 - taking the A53 towards Buxton. Not 100% sure where to turn off the A53 though? do I turn left into the village of Flash and go from there?

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Just

Going up this weekend, can anyone post any directions if possible, we will be coming from junc15 on the M6 - taking the A53 towards Buxton. Not 100% sure where to turn off the A53 though? do I turn left into the village of Flash and go from there?

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Just

This May Help

Have fun mate just going back to Neils wedding to drink some LEMONADE :o:rotfl:

I recently tried to find it too, the best way to get there on the A53 going towards buxton is....

dont turn off towards the village of flash, instead, go past it and you will come to a tight left hand corner on the A53 going towards buxton.

theres a pub on the right on the corner called the travellers rest. go past that and take your first left (its pretty much straight after the corner)

you should be going down some narrow farm roads now, keep going and bear left at every turn you come to, eventually you will come to a house straight infront of you (a dead end) turn left here, its the only sharp left turn you will come across on this road so cant really miss it.

carry on along this road and you will come to a gate that will be open. this is hawks nest, go down a bit and theres parking to the left of the road.

to your right is the rocky hilly bit, and to your left is the farm where you pay and also another gate that should be open which leads down to the bottom part which is grassy, rocky and has a nice river bed.

to pay, walk down the road that go's downhill to the farm house, go around the house to the door and you will see a sort of bird box nailed to the wall, stick 3 quid in there and away you go.

hope this helps, ill probably be there next sunday, have fun and might see ya there sometime!

All the best

Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom :o went up there today with Dan and met up with Eiger and his lad Andrew, met a few others there as well and had a great day, its an brilliant place to go and worth the 300 mile round trip. Lost abit of blood/metal and flesh throughout the day but had great time and found it second attempt after asking in Flash for directions. You not riding the Hipwell next weekend then Tom? its not far away from Hawks.

Thanks again Pete and all the other guys there, everyone really friendly and helpfull as always up that neck of the woods :rotfl: will be coming back asap for more bruises

Ended up with a few bruises myself too, and my arms are a foot longer after that half mile section we were trying at the beginning! Enjoyable day and if Dan got himself a more modern bike he'd be cleaning up - literally!! Hopefuly see you next week at the Hipwell. Pete and Andy.

hi. im hoping to come and watch to see what i need to get started. i see it starts at 11 but what would be the best time to turn up. also who would i need to see about sorting my acu form. i cant seem to see any info on this sort of thing.

im not gonna do any trials for a couple of weeks, fancy just chilling out and practicing a bit hehe, will be at hawks next sunday though all being well. might be at cadwell park though, got a mate racing but might not go as he's already won the championship and doesnt need to race this one lol.

take it easy =]

Tom

Benj, if you aim to get there for about ten then all the riders will give you some pointers, you probably know that people at trials are ultra helpful. The Hipwell brothers are both decent lads although you'll get more sense out of Kev (Factory Kev) as his brother Andy (AKA Father Jack) will still be half cut from the night before!! Just heard I've got the day off so looking forward to one of the best trials round here.

thanks eiger. the bad news is i doubt i can make it as ive got to be at home for 12. i believe there is a trial on the sunday as well but i cant for the life of me find any info. where do you guys get dates, directions, info on upcoming trials etc.

Benj if you look at the Macclesfield club website it has links with a number of local clubs including Man 17, plus a list of trials in our area. Also their is the weekly' Trials and Motocross News' a paper which comes out every Friday and then their is the ACU 'Cheshire and North Wales Centre site which I think you can access from either the Macc or Man 17 sites. All provide good info and the Gas Gas crew at Buxton are all regular competitors and organisers of trials and would give you some good pointers too and the shop is worth a visit!

yea cheers, ive just been out and got the paper. my only question is it says 4pm and then CLOSE 30 mins to start. i presume that means booking in ends 30 mins before start but whats the 4 pm for as previous posts suggest to be there for 10am.

yea cheers, ive just been out and got the paper. my only question is it says 4pm and then CLOSE 30 mins to start. i presume that means booking in ends 30 mins before start but whats the 4 pm for as previous posts suggest to be there for 10am.

Benj

to clarify, Manchester 17 has TWO events running this weekend (22/23 Sept).

There is a "Dead Easy" trial on the Saturday that starts at 4.00pm (and riders need to have signed-on by 3.30pm, mainly to prevent a delayed start).

This event is ideal for riders who have just started, or who want a nice steady ride out.

THEN on the Sunday there is the "Hipwell" Road Trial, starting at 10.00am). This is Cheshire Centre Championship round and thus is more difficult and designed for decent clubman level riders upwards. You also need to have a bike license for the road and be taxed/insured etc.

If you need more advice on getting started, check out the Man17 website, and possibly try to get along to one of the Dead Easy events and they will assist you with all the info/forms you need.

http://www.manchester17.org.uk/ Main Page

http://www.manchester17.org.uk/Trials_Page...ing_Started.htm Getting Started