Mitani 280 Kit Help

ludde

Calling out to the few 280 kit owners out there!

First of all, did any of you have any problem installing the kit?

Now the big question, is there any special program for the 280 kit? I have the 2 map PTB and it doesn't come with any other programs than the standard one. Do you need to give it any extra fuel?

A more general question. Why can't you use the program for the 1 map PTB with the 2 map PTB

Thanks Ludde

You have to change the maps delivered with the 280 kit. I heard from several people who where disapointed when they had installed the kit. After changing the maps it goes like a rocket.................

Perhaps the laia Sanz map which is going around on this forum.

You can't use the wrong software because when you are sending or receiving a map to the PTB, the software does a check if you use the correct software and PTB together.

Look in you .e2p file with notepad or any other textviewer, and take a look at line 1001700.

The file is build with hexdecimal characters (use your windows calculator and switch to scientific mode)

:10017000 20 20 4E 4E 41 34 4B 4F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 94 Single map

4E 4E 41 34 4B 4F => Means NNA4KO (Hex 41 is Dec 65 which is in the ASCII list an A)

:10017000 32 20 4E 4E 43 34 4B 4F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 Dual map

4E 4E 43 34 4B 4F => Means NNC4KO (Hex 43 is Dec 67 which is in the ASCII list an C)

The A or the C makes the difference

The last characters 94 and 80 are CRC checks.

This line is the reason that you must use different software for the two body's !!!

I have also tried using dual map software for the single map body but it failed. There is a transmission of data but because of the check it can't be displayed in the software. With special monitoring tools you can analyze the data transport and grab or send it in an other way, but this is risky because the software protects you against wrong data.

You have to change the maps delivered with the 280 kit. I heard from several people who where disapointed when they had installed the kit. After changing the maps it goes like a rocket.................

Perhaps the laia Sanz map which is going around on this forum.

You can't use the wrong software because when you are sending or receiving a map to the PTB, the software does a check if you use the correct software and PTB together.

Look in you .e2p file with notepad or any other textviewer, and take a look at line 1001700.

The file is build with hexdecimal characters (use your windows calculator and switch to scientific mode)

:10017000 20 20 4E 4E 41 34 4B 4F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 94 Single map

4E 4E 41 34 4B 4F => Means NNA4KO (Hex 41 is Dec 65 which is in the ASCII list an A)

:10017000 32 20 4E 4E 43 34 4B 4F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 Dual map

4E 4E 43 34 4B 4F => Means NNC4KO (Hex 43 is Dec 67 which is in the ASCII list an C)

The A or the C makes the difference

The last characters 94 and 80 are CRC checks.

This line is the reason that you must use different software for the two body's !!!

I have also tried using dual map software for the single map body but it failed. There is a transmission of data but because of the check it can't be displayed in the software. With special monitoring tools you can analyze the data transport and grab or send it in an other way, but this is risky because the software protects you against wrong data.

Ok, that makes sense... The problem is that I didn't get any program specifically for the 280 kit, just the standard one with zeros everywhere.

Is the refence the same in both the programs, i.e is a zero for the 1 map PTB a zero for the 2 map PTB?

Calling out to the few 280 kit owners out there!

First of all, did any of you have any problem installing the kit?

Now the big question, is there any special program for the 280 kit? I have the 2 map PTB and it doesn't come with any other programs than the standard one. Do you need to give it any extra fuel?

A more general question. Why can't you use the program for the 1 map PTB with the 2 map PTB

Thanks Ludde

I'm shocked that the 280 kits are incomplete

The stock maps were designed for the 250cc engine

Surely the agent for mitani could sort this one

I wish there was a library of maps for the 4rt (single and dual Ptb)

Maybe trials central could host a library

I bought my Mitani 280 kit from Tarp , the Australian Montesa importer and he supplied software to suit a single stage throttle body and it has never missed a beat after the install. It is a fantastic add on to a 4rt , no negatives at all down low and heaps of fun delivered smoothly across the entire range ! I am a big fan of this install ! Cheers !

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any problems with knocking due to the higher compression with the new piston. I'm running 95 octane but I get knock on low revs and high load. Tried to cure it by retarding the ignition, it helps a little but I loose the low end torque. What kind of fuel are you running, 98, 102?

is the valve triming 100% correct

Yes, the knocking went away when I switched to 98 octane fuel. I guess with the higher compression ratio 95 is on the limit.

Got a map from Mitani today, it is supposed be for 280cc kit, just hope nothing has been translated wrong, because they don't have the best english.