Returning To Trials

aye sparticus

Hello all returning to trials after a 25 year break

i didnt mean it to be so long but you know how life gets in the way

spent the past 15years mountain biking,but now fancy a change

browsing the web for info for the past few months for info (even bought a copy

of T&MX news ..i remember when the first edition came out...)

seems to have been some major changes

what im after is some info on what kinda bike i should be looking for

i know this is a very subjective issue but some general pointers would be great

im over 40 ,12st and reasonable fit but i dont want anything to heavy, but not so light i'll

bust it (in my younger days i had a bultaco sherpa 250 which was a bit of a handful also a montesa cota

which was a bit easier)

like the look of the Gas Gas and the Sherco what engine size should i be looking at

im pretty ok mechanically but i dont want to spend all week in the garage tinkering

looking to buy secondhand initially,probably around the

bikes wise - IMHO any of the five manufactures bikes are sensible. cc wise any 250 is good, although i wouldn't turn down a 290 if it came along, while a 125 or 200 wouldn't be really underpowered. in most cases the bikes are far better than the riders. if you look at the TMX classifieds you'll see what your price range will buy you, especially age wise

i lets the scots on here tell you of local clubs, but goggle the SACU for their website and it should have a listing

bikes wise - IMHO any of the five manufactures bikes are sensible. cc wise any 250 is good, although i wouldn't turn down a 290 if it came along, while a 125 or 200 wouldn't be really underpowered. in most cases the bikes are far better than the riders. if you look at the TMX classifieds you'll see what your price range will buy you, especially age wise

i lets the scots on here tell you of local clubs, but goggle the SACU for their website and it should have a listing

Cheers Rabie i was thinking along the same lines re manufacturers and cc

i'll check out the sacu for clubs

thanks again

Aye Sparticus welcome.

Clubs in Ayrshire, you have either Stevenston or Dalmellington, For Stevenston contact Norman Lamont, Dalmellington I think it's Helen Morton you'll get their details from the SACU website, if not send me a PM I'll give you what you need....should I know You?????

Aye Sparticus welcome.

Clubs in Ayrshire, you have either Stevenston or Dalmellington, For Stevenston contact Norman Lamont, Dalmellington I think it's Helen Morton you'll get their details from the SACU website, if not send me a PM I'll give you what you need....should I know You?????

Cheers think its maybe Dalmellington

should I know You?????.. Ehh i dont think so

but you never know