Sherpa T ?

alan_nc

Group,

I have a Model 92 Sherpa T that has been converted to electronic ignition with the 1 pound flywheel. Great pickup but no idle (fun in Trials). Is there a heavy flywheel that I can put on and keep the electronic ignition? The heavy points flywheel fits fine but the bike will not fire with it on.

Thanks

Alan

Can't help you as I don't know which electronic ignition you are running, but I'm curious to know which system it is - especially as it uses a 1 pound flywheel. Is that an internal rotor with coils around the outside? Most trials flywheels are about 5 - 6 pounds at a guess for Bultacos, Ossas etc.

The only aftermarket electronic ignition I've heard of uses the standard Bult flywheel

Woody,

It's the femsa ignition with the external flywheel. The 1 pound flywheel is supposed to be off an Alpina 250. Talked to a guy today that has both a 4.5 pound and a 5.1 pound flywheel that I can borrow and see what works. Both are for points bikes so will probably have to go that route.

Alan