Factory Clothing

thespikeyone

Does anyone know where I can get some scorpa factory riding/casual gear?????

Cheers

Spike

hey there my local scorpa dealer has the clothing in stock give him a ring on 01642 475600 its andy metcalfe motorcycles and he does do mail order. noticed you have the little four banger i have the 125 its more than anyone needs many riders are over biked! good luck with your gear. thanks steve.

hehe I wish! Unfortunatly when we got the wee beastie it was a bit knocked around so we gave it a strip down to the chassis and did quite a lot of work! Took a long time as well but now its up and running its going fine. I think the saving will be going on getting bits for the two ongoing restorations! If Dad can get hold of a spare barrel he's going to bore and stroke the little 'un. Rough calculations reckon that the 125 can be taken out to about 170 without too much work . . .

What work was required? it would be useful to keep abreast of any problems that may arise.

I've been riding the 143 and now the 163 for well over two years now with no issues what so ever, and the amount of posts in the negative in this forum are few and far between.

Pete, is your 125 the upmarket model? hydraulic clutch & all the billet yokes, footpegs etc:?

I thourght any rebore over 143 requires the block to be machined to accomodate the crank? if thats the case I would just go to 143 which is ample especially when compared with a 125.

Its just the 'normal' model, so just cast yokes ands hubs etc. Cable clutch as well but we've got it so its lighter and smoother than any hydraulic clutch I've tried! Won't be changing either - bleeding hydraulics is about the worst job!

Most of the work was tidying things up really. The kind of things that would be done at the factory on other bikes, like using good quality bolts, right length bolts etc. It also looked like it hadn't been properly washed since it bought so there were a few rusty bolts etc. The swing arm bearings were dry as a bone and the rollers had seized!

Also did a few custom mods - mudflap thats held between the swingarm and the airbox. Keeps so much muck away from the shock and the back of the engine. Dad made up a cover to go over the brake master cylinder 'coz that was full of all sorts of rubbish! Re-sited the choke so thats now in the frame on the r/h side.

Shortened the exhaust by about 2" and took all but one baffle out. Sounds fantastic now! Also made it a little happier to rev without loosing any of the low-down torque.

I think the biggest job was keeping the carb-airbox hose from pulling off the airbox. Dad made up a retaining ring that was pop-riveted round to keep it on! From what I've heard that was the most common thing that went wrong.

Since the re-build we've had no real problems. Back brake isn't the best though. Had to bleed and adjust twice in 6 months! Hate bleeding brakes ;) but apart from that its beenngreat! (Apart from muggins here not being used to an on/off kill switch instead of a hold down button! It don't start too easy when its switched off!)