Sherco Engine Removal

ham2

Help ,TC people,

I am following the Ryan Young instructions for main bearing replacement(I'm now taking a ''thought-break'' typing this :beer: ) and I can't get the engine out of the frame??

I am notoriously reluctant to use force.

Could someone give me a few pointers as to how it comes out as the instructions are a little vague.

It went in there so it should come out?? :)

Do Sherco have special KY jelly for the job?? ;)

Cheers,

Wayne

Just read the RYP instructions and the one thing I seem to remember doing (I think) was removing the swing arm spindle and pulling the whole swinging arm well away from the frame to give me more room. It is tight though. Also the one thing I wished I had done before taking the engine out was to loosen the clutch center nut, primary drive gear and flywheel nuts, the frame makes a good vise. I seem to remember doing a little gentle levering but no big hammer stuff was required.

Suggest you wait for some more replies before doing what I think I did !

Best of luck .... Mike

Just read the RYP instructions and the one thing I seem to remember doing (I think) was removing the swing arm spindle and pulling the whole swinging arm well away from the frame to give me more room. It is tight though. Also the one thing I wished I had done before taking the engine out was to loosen the clutch center nut, primary drive gear and flywheel nuts, the frame makes a good vise. I seem to remember doing a little gentle levering but no big hammer stuff was required.

Suggest you wait for some more replies before doing what I think I did !

Best of luck .... Mike

Cheers Mike. ;) thank you ,I had undone and removed all the through bolts but wasn't wiggling correctly :)

It's out now.

Just for the record:-

Lift the engine, roll it to the(left) flywheel side then rotate the back out on the (right)kick start side. Phew !

Wayne

Edited by HAM2

I did manage on my own but it was a case of wishing I had another pair of hands helping at the time. I seem to recall having one hand holding the engine stopping it from moving, another hand holding and moving the frame and then wondering when everything was lined up perfectly, how the heck do I now get the engine bolts in? If you can chock the engine at the right angle it does make life a lot easier, leaving you with both hands free to manipulate the frame and once lined up, put in the bolts. Good luck ;)

Edited by John.B