Trophys

austini

I've just been watching the Madrid Indoor 2007 with Toni Bou holding up a pretty large trophy, and yep you guessed the trophy is topped of with the standared Motocrosser punching the air in triumph. Are there any trophys out there with a trials rider precriously balancing on a plastic rock or do we have to follow the FIM's lead and always use a MX'R.

oohhh! how about a trials rider doing a big splatter, nose wheelie, or pointing part way down the rock and about to lose balance so one leg is stuck way out. I would like to see some really cool trials specific trophies.

probably the market is too small to warrent making one, as most trophy's are injection moulded and its probably not worth making a new mould just for a small sport where they think it can be generalised into mx. its nearly as bad as getting birthday cards with mx bikes on!!!

Them trophies is SWEET!

I gotta learn to ride so I might have a chance at one if somebody gives them away in a place I ride. Or maybe I should drop 3 classes and be able to get 3rd place.

In MOTA the individual clubs decide the trophies. Usually it is a medalion with the MOTA logo on it attached to a colored ribbon. The color of the medallian denotes place and the ribbon denotes class. But some clubs have decided to take the medallion and fashion an award around it. Examples: Mugs, very nice wooden base with the medallion set in the center.

Just remember "If there are only 3 riders in my class, I am going home with a trophy!!" ;)

Here in Aus because of the lack of non MX type trophies we have a lot of awards based around the events etc: this years Aus Titles held in the wine growing Barrossa region consisted of a sawn off end to a wine cask (contents not included) with a tap and plaque affixed to the front.

Other trophies have been of sculptured Jarra wood, cut glass and many other inoventive designs some featuring clocks, barometers etc:.

I'll post some pics in due course,

If you have any other unusual (trials related) trophy designs, and feel they deserve praise, dig them out of that box in the garage, dust them off and send in a pic!!!!!