Practice Tracks In The Midlands

i ride at 'the desert' as its known (clipstone woods) near mansfield woodhouse. its a massive disused quarry about 5 square miles with hill climbs forest and sand dunes etc. the police rarely make a show and put tickets on the illegally parked cars but if you park sensibly you'll be fine. theres even a butty van at weekends. i must say it is tresspassing but it doesnt bother the other 50 plus bikers that go.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.estc.co.uk/default.html

Pathfinders is Brian Tuxford on btuxford@btinternet.com although i'm not sure they generally allow practise, might be worth asking though!!

Not got a number for Hawks Nest but he did say it was 365 days a year and to just drop the money of at the house. Was there last Sunday and Monday!!

thanks for your help

hi i ride a plce in bridgnorth 10 pound a day not a bad place let me know if you need the address there is about 6 of us that go down there.

there is one at bewdley as well at 5 pound a day but havent been for a few months so dont know what condition its in

i ride at 'the desert' as its known (clipstone woods) near mansfield woodhouse. its a massive disused quarry about 5 square miles with hill climbs forest and sand dunes etc. the police rarely make a show and put tickets on the illegally parked cars but if you park sensibly you'll be fine. theres even a butty van at weekends. i must say it is tresspassing but it doesnt bother the other 50 plus bikers that go.

"the desert" is illegal i'm afrid see this long thread over on mxtrax - http://www.adrenalintrip.net/mansfield-des...ys=10000&58

and notably this picture

811126660-0.JPG