Stiffer Rear Spring For 4rt

byrdman

I'm a new Montesa owner and new to trials. The montesa was easiest choice as my buddy already has one and he'll help me work on it.

At 105+ kilos i'm too heavy for the stock spring. that is if i want it to do anything other than get squashed under my weight.

apparently their is a 10% stiffer spring for those over 80 kilos avail here in the usa. but what about those of us way over?

thanks

jeff

hey jeff,

sounds like to many burgers. I too am a similar weight, I too have a 4rt and yes there is a stiffer spring made by jitsie, i looked at this also but i what put me off was not only cost but you dont get much better than a showa shock (ok ohlins is good) but i have taken the following approach.

BOUGHT A RUNNNING MACHINE - LOOSE SOME FAT - RE ASSES IN 6 MONTHS :(

Thats my thoery as i reckon if i can get down to 14 stone thats great, will let you know if its any better in 6 months.

Be carefull as i did not to winde the spring up to much as it just becomes a pogo stick which is no good to get grip. It is annoying iknow but we cannot have it all ways. Try playing with rebound a bit, that helps.

Good luck jeff

rob

Why buy a running machine when you can just go outside and run? I bet that will end up either on Evil Bay or in the cupboard with the Sodastream, Ronco buttoneer and the fondu set.

PS There's a test on the TRP shock in the current issue of YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.

Edited by Cota Kid

Why buy a running machine when you can just go outside and run? I bet that will end up either on Evil Bay or in the cupboard with the Sodastream, Ronco buttoneer and the fondu set.

That sounds the thoughts of a man of experience.

Be carefull as i did not to winde the spring up to much as it just becomes a pogo stick which is no good to get grip. It is annoying iknow but we cannot have it all ways. Try playing with rebound a bit, that helps.

Well im 120kilos - and i set the preload to 8.5 cms and it does pogo (that much LOL)...

As a bare minimum make sure the shock doesnt bottom out when you sit on the airbox... that'll work better....

Jza