2000' 290 Oil Change?

hop blip and a jump

The Sherco oil is drained by removing the sidecase bolt located under the shifter pedal then leaning the bike over approx 45 degrees - you will need to stand the bike up straight after the oil has drained , then lean over again - do this a couple of times to get all the oil out - refill with 450cc good quality NON synthetic.

PS I note you are from Caerphilly - I worked at Allen's of Wales Printing many years ago. are they still there ??( next to the Cheese factory)

It is on the left side of the engine (Flywheel side). It is a bolt that does double duty of drain plug and case bolt. This bolt is located at the bottom roughly in the center. On mine the rubber that is between the engine and skid plate is right underneath it.

on edit:

AAAhh I see Mr. Dave got to it before me.

Edited by ZIPPY

Hey Caerphilly - Can't remember much about the town as it was in 1967 ( 40 years ago) - I know we had some great nights at the local pubs though. - Oh yes and there is a Castle !!!

40 years ago? i was not even born then

was the castle there that long ago? :D