Practise Gound Yorkshire

mickkane

Ello Mick, there are a few places to practice around the sheffield area. im from chesterfield and have a shop in sheffield and the places I practice are...

Burycliffe Quarry - Just outside Elton near Matlock, you have to have membership to go there though and has limited spaces. Its very compact and my favorite place to ride at the moment. stuff there for complete beginners up to expert level.

Pindale Quarry - In Hope, not technically legal but never had any trouble up to now, the guy who "owns" the land said its fine too, apparently its been moved around alot since i last visited. better coming here for pratting about as its quite open but some nice challenging stuff.

Bracken Rocks - In Matlock, Practice is on Saturday, and there is usually a trial on sunday. Has lots of rocks.....

Hawks Nest - A bit further to go but well worth it. just off the Buxton/Leek road. Great place to ride, is split into 2 parts, grassy/rocky bit with a river down at the bottom and sandy/hill area at the top with lots and lots of rocks.

As for a bike, Im not that clued up on older bikes, all I know is that the early Gas Gas Pro models had some problems. I have a 2006 Beta 250 which is pretty solid. dont know if the older ones are any good though? im sure someone will be around with better knowledge than me hehe.

if you need any more details on the venues ill be happy to help.

All the best

Tom

Edited by tombo46