Thanks Doug

cota kid

And so begins a new chapter.

Doug moving to Beta is a huge loss to the Montesa HRC Team, who just won't be the same without him. However we all move on and I am throughly pleased that Doug is continuing to ride at the highest level of the sport. A true ambassador for the sport and a true champion.

Let hope the change in factories might just result in the 100th round win and a 8th WTC title.

As a Montesa rider I thank Doug for his achievements at Montesa and wish him all the best with Beta.

Viva Dougie Lampkin!

PS. We've still got Dibs and Wiggy so alls not lost.

Edited by Cota Kid

I'm sure it's not the way Dougie's thinking, but for the rest of us, wouldn't it be great if he can stick one on Honda by even making a dent in their championship hopes. ;)

He's now the perfect underdog. I'd be chuffed to bits to see him take his 100th win, and it'd be amazing to see him do any more than that.

What a scoop for Beta if he can do what he couldn't manage on the Honda. B)

It's brought a lot of excitement back in to it for me - looking forward to 2008 - Go Dougie! :thumbup:

The reality is, it is more exciting Doug moving to Beta 2 stroke than if he had remained with Montesa.

Someone , with a a lot more knowledge of the sport than me, once commented that Doug is a a better 2 stroke rider than he is 4 stroke. I don't think its a case of Doug sticking one on Montesa no one said that about Bou on his switch last year, his motivation lies in his determination to win and win he will.

Next year will see his 100th WTC Round win and who knows even that 8th World Title.

Its all about believing.

It's brought a lot of excitement back in to it for me - looking forward to 2008 - Go Dougie! :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more ;) The WTC was getting to be a Honda Montesa procession and now we have a strange situation, a 7 times outdoor world champion as an underdog. The Beta is certainly a champion worthy machine and with the main man astride it, who knows what may happen ;)

2008 could be the best year for trials for a long time! but saying that, all of a sudden I feel that having no UK WTC next year is a big big disappointment B)

Yeah and a huge disappointment there's no WTC in the UAE.

No excuses, Atomant, Bangors a cracking venue and only a short flight away and the rest of Europe is very accessible via numerous budget airlines.

Get yourself there and cheer Doug and the rest of the British lads. It is going to be a great year, Browny riding at the top level and Dibs and Wiggy with Future Trial Racing.