Chains

ronoc88

Neo, my '07 did not have the half link, yet started out near half on the adjusters.

I changed to the slightly larger Jitsie snailcams just after, and they are still only halfway after two years of my use, although this year has seen light usage. They still seem to work well.

I wonder if the Monts are still on them, and at what price?

Hi Cope,

I guess what I haven't explained is my real need to use the halflink. To improve the geometry (for me) I want to have the rear wheel as far forward on the swing arm as possible. And as the chain stretches I'd like to remove a SINGLE link to shorten the chain (without a halflink I have to remove two links to shorten the chain). The only way way I to do this easily is to have 2 Splitlinks, one Roller link and one Halflink to hand.

I have been informed by TrialsBits that their links are the Regina EBORO type (but not gold coloured) with a pin diameter of 5.15mm. Which I estimate would fit the EBXL too. Although the plate thickness is at bit thicker (so a bit less clearance at the front sprocket)

And gasgasboi I'd love a Renthal....if they did a halflink???

Anyway it will be interesting to see what comes from the Sherco importer here.

Best of balance.

Neo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cope,

I guess what I haven't explained is my real need to use the halflink. To improve the geometry (for me) I want to have the rear wheel as far forward on the swing arm as possible. And as the chain stretches I'd like to remove a SINGLE link to shorten the chain (without a halflink I have to remove two links to shorten the chain). The only way way I to do this easily is to have 2 Splitlinks, one Roller link and one Halflink to hand.

And gasgasboi I'd love a Renthal....if they did a halflink???

I'd love to be good enough to have any idea where my back wheel is in the swinging arm, except somewhere between it :thumbup: