Bike Crating

jtt

A while back I saw a website with a great step by step design for crating a trials bike for transport, but of course, now that I am looking for it, I can't find it.

Has anyone seen something like this or have any suggestions, or plans laying around?

This would have to be a "made from scratch" crate.

Instead of building a new one, you might try to get a crate from a shop that sells MX bikes (assuming there are no trials dealers close to you). My MX bike came with a steel bottom and frame that was covered with cardboard for shipping.

Another more expensive option is to build one out of plywood. People have build crates out of plywood for years to ship their bikes over to the ISDE.

JTT - I can only assume that you want to crate your Gasser and come out to Trials(Gods) Country in British Columbia. - Oh! OK maybe you are still hooked on the Eastern Life - but surely if you are selling your GG and buying a new one from !!!!!!! - They should provide you with the old crate - Simple !!!

Ah Dave, I'd love to make that pilgrimage....however it's not in the cards (used up most of my vacation time in Disney). I am actually considering buying a twinshock as a second ride, so I can take out guys to try the sport, and maybe learn something in the mix :hyper: