Jump Up From "white" To "easy" Route

jza

Hey guys,

Sorry if this sounds like boasting - i realise im a beginner rider :rolleyes:

Have been riding for a year now. Have completed most of my local trials clubs "white routes" this year. I'm now consistently in the top 5 and usually find most sections easy - with the odd section that i struggle with.

The difference in skill requirements between "white" and the "easy" route seems large. When im practising i tend to practise "easy" sections (e.g. ones you'd never see on the white route).

I'm not ready for the "yellow" easy route yet (i know different clubs have different names for routes - we have have white, easy then expert). I can do bits of each of the easy section but struggle to clean them.

I'm scoring around 5 - 15 marks on the white route. I see people doing the easy route with scores of 120-130. I figure these people would probably say the white route wouldn't present a challenge for them.

In your experience will i learn more perfecting the white route or struggling in the easy?

In terms of my development for this year - at what point do i say "bugger it im going up a class"?

Any advice appreciated :D

Jza

i have not done a trial for a few years, but i always thought it was

easy=sportsman

medium=clubman

hard=expert

im a bit confussed, you are riding the white course, & you are thinking of moving up to the easy course?

so the white must be super easy?

and then after the easy course, you become expert?

IMO ......... IF YOU ARE COMING IN THE TOP 3-5 ALL THE TIME AND DROPPING LESS THAN 20 MARKS, YOU NEED TO MOVE UP, AS YOU ARE SPOILING IT FOR THE OTHER RIDERS,

when i started out, i was crap, and i had a crap bike but the same few people would always win the sportsman course dropping 0-20 mark, they should have been made to move up, so that the true sportsman riders had a chace of winning

ps where are you?

Edited by hovis

i have not done a trial for a few years, but i always thought it was

easy=sportsman

medium=clubman

hard=expert

im a bit confussed, you are riding the white course, & you are thinking of moving up to the easy course?

so the white must be super easy?

and then after the easy course, you become expert?

IMO ......... IF YOU ARE COMING IN THE TOP 3-5 ALL THE TIME AND DROPPING LESS THAN 20 MARKS, YOU NEED TO MOVE UP, AS YOU ARE SPOILING IT FOR THE OTHER RIDERS,

when i started out, i was crap, and i had a crap bike but the same few people would always win the sportsman course dropping 0-20 mark, they should have been made to move up, so that the true sportsman riders had a chace of winning

ps where are you?

when i started out, i was crap, and i had a crap bike

WHATS CHANGED ? :shutup:

I'd say 'move up' to the next level, you might find it tough at first but you will get used to the sections and will improve over the year.

Yep - I agree - the only reason not to move up to the next group should be safety. If you're likely to get hurt because you're not up to it, then don't do it.

I suppose the only other reason would be if you really are going to end up with close to 80 '5's for your days toil (4 laps 10 sections). There's no fun in that.

If you can look at most sections and reasonably expect to get less than a '3' if you ride it well, then I reckon that's where you'll learn the most.

I'm not saying you actually get less than '3' on most of the sections, just that you aim for that and it feels fairly realistic if you have a good ride.

See how long it is before you look at the white route and can't believe you were struggling on it.

You ask a lot of people to ride one route down and quite a lot of them will drop the stupid marks. They could go on for ever unless you step your level up a bit.

that sounds like fighting talk to me,

i now have a good bike, and............. oh, i see what you mean

Sorry mate. no insults meant. It's just that Jack said that you bike looks great but your riding leaves room for improvement. Better than me though !

:shutup:

when i started out, i was crap, and i had a crap bike

WHATS CHANGED ? :o

Sorry mate. no insults meant. It's just that Jack said that you bike looks great but your riding leaves room for improvement. Better than me though !

:o

Hovis is out of my team for now, he got beat by a scorpa 4 stroke so he needs to redeem himself before he is aloud back in. :shutup:

Choose a non championship event (if there is a championship) and try riding up a route in that, you wll soon see if it's a good idea.

In our area, some clubs are even ok to ride the hard route, some are not. Ask around before entering to make sure your not letting yourself in for a tough time.

I think you will get as lot more satisfaction out of riding the middle route.... but then a lot of people will say the same about riding the hard route. It's what ever you enjoy riding that's important.

:o

jacks just jelous that he has not got the body to pull off a 1-piece suit like me & you

Hovis is out of my team for now, he got beat by a scorpa 4 stroke so he needs to redeem himself before he is aloud back in. :shutup:

bah............twas a micky mouse trial

Edited by hovis

Dont be sad hov, its just my scorpa showed your beta who's boss!! :o

Was an ok day out, better than sitting in the house munching chocolate!!

Edited by hop blip and a jump

Dont be sad hov, its just my scorpa showed your beta who's boss!! :o

Was an ok day out, better than sitting in the house munching chocolate!!

wait till a proper trial. not some micky mouse 1 course malarky.

if thats the standard........ as m people would sing "im moving on up" to clubman, care to join me :shutup: