45 CHOKE

35 PILOT (2.25 TURNS)

105 MAIN

AMAL-

TYPE 622

105 NEEDLE

110 MAIN

3.5 SLIDE

Yours may be a PHBL 22,depending how long ago it was bought as the PHBL 20 was discontinued i believe. A 200 cc Cub may differ from these a little, but i doubt it and at least its a reference to start with.

I've found the Villiers carb is superior to either of the above and if you decide to go down that route, Mick Grant sorted mine, they need altering to work correctly.

Hi Mick

thats very close to mine, only difference is main jet i have a 100 fitted. I can not get it to run right yet. going to 1/2 throttle it wont rev past that, its a feeling like a rev limiter has cut in. Maybe its not carburation and something else? Plug is black & sooty as is the tail pipe, which would suggest too rich? I have played with needle hight until i feel it is at its optimum setting, 2nd notch from top, also tried a 108 main (from Mark Daniels 250 cub) and that made it worse, and then tried a 92 main (from my Fantic) which allowed it to rev a little more but still with the same problem. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

p.s. the carb was brand new supplied by Serco's Martin Adams.

I had the very same problem develop with a new dellorto, 1/2 way through a trial, i could not get the engine to rev past 1/2 throttle.

I messed around with carb for ages, then replaced the PVL at great expense to no avail. As a last resort I fitted the carb of my old TL125... Instant cure!

I cannot find any obvious problem with the dellorto...... any suggestions welcome...... it would be nice to think I could use it again some day.

Got it sorted today. i had to retard the pvl ignition and ended up with a 85 main jet, needle set at 2nd notch from top. Retarding it has stopped it kicking back now as well. It will pull smoothly in 3rd without hessitation.

Was running a BP5HS but it seems a lot are running a 4? Whats the consensus on plugs.