Kids Bike?

jonathan collier

Unbiased opinions wanted on the best first geared/clutched kids trials machine. I've been recomended that the Beta is the one to go for, but didn't realise that there was a mini trial(semi auto?) and a rev50 (geared/clutch). My boy has had a JR50 and currently has CRF50 semi auto which he's got the hang of, looking for the next step up in the next six months or so. Ta for any info.

Second hand there's only really the old 4 speed REV50 the smaller 50 is auto. New you can choose between the Gas Gas Cadet 50 and The New 6 speed Beta REV 50. We ran a REV50 about 4 to 5 years ago and it is a hardy little bike. Main points were the Exhaust Bracket on the early ones only mounted on one side leading to a few breakages, (this was changed after a few years), The Output Shaft broke on NYL about a month before we sold it which happened to a few and the Plug could oil up if the bike wasn't warmed up. The plug fouling was fixed by running the bike with the fuel off until it stopped, but it was always a good idea to have a spare. The Gas Gas is not as numerous, but the ones we have seen have ridden really well. There might be a few second hand about now but like the new REV50 the Cadet has only been around for 7 or 8 months.

Edited by Telecat

Hi, my daughter age 10 has been riding 4 speed rev 50 manual for nearly a year and it has never let use down, its been under water,tumbled down hill and even coped with me 14 stone riding it.I thing for what you pay its capable and realiable, her's is 5 yrs old and still never misses a beat.