Which Trials Are Good Prep For The Ssdt?

thespikeyone

Hi Folks,

As it says above,

I have managed to get an entry for this years SSDT :D and as I discovered today I am mega unfit (I blame man flu and christmas beer!) I am trying to ride as much as possible and have started riding the hard route but the trials in my area all seem to be in quarries, don't get me wrong the trials are really good and land is hard to come by but I want to try something that is a little more like the scottish, something which has sections in burns and has a good couple of miles round the loop and a bit of a challenge but not something where I will break myself or the bike.

I am willing to travel, 2.5 hours will be my limit. (I live in Gainsborough, Lincs)

Cheers in advance

Pity you are so far south, a very good one is normally the Ian Pollock Trial at Kinlochleven on March 30th. It uses some of the hills that the SSDT makes use of.

A lot of the northern based club riders come up for the Pollock just to practice for SSDT, which makes the event sometimes oversubscribed or full!

Big John

any yorkshire centre trials are a good start,the jack wood,the stocks bridge trial on the 30th of this month,but the jack wood is a must,ride the club route as well.most events in debyshire or south yorks are not far and you won't go far wrong.i've spoken to you at methringham before so i'll no doubt see you there in a couple of weeks.