Fantic K-roo 250 Engine Damage

jay867

just need a bit of advise really,

My mate has a 91 Fantic K-roo 250cc, we were out on it at yesterday when it just seemed to die like as if it ran out of petrol.

trued to start it but was not having it. Anyway took the head off and there seems to have been something smashing between the piston and the head.

The engine still turns over fine, also the is a deep score down the cylinder so not sure if anything has broken inside the engine and came up over

or if something has been sucked in the the intake? there are little bits of metal stuck into the head so not sure what there off.

how much would a re-build be on this engine? also whould i get the parts?

any help would be great.

Regards Jason

Hi betapete,

Apologies for taking up this thread, but nearly completed anyway I think.

I just received an email from a lad after an output gearbox shaft for a Key-Roo and thought you may know where to possibly get one from. I thought about Bill Pye but you may have knowledge of a different source.

If you have any web details for Fantic motor parts could you let me know please.

Also, I'm pretty sure those cylinders are plated and those marks on the piston/head are very likely from a broken ring.

Ta ta, PeterB.