Fast Or Slow Action Throttle

superhondaman

Probably the best throttle out there is the Domino and that can be ordered with either fast or slow action. Generally speaking the fast action is better for something with a zippy motor like the Twin Shock Yams, wheras I would use a slow action on the MAR Ossa and on all my 4 Strokes like the Tiger Cub or the Royal Enfield. To find out "what is fitted" just look between the throttle body and the grip. White = Fast Action, Black = Slow action. A fast action throttle on a vintage 4 stoke will probably stall the engine if opened violently and a slower and more progressive action produces smoother and more predictable results. Before you buy an Amal throttle check the length, I find them too small for my hand.

Hope that helps

Tony

Edited by tony283

It also depends on your riding style, a slow action takes more twist to get you into trouble! I fit a slow action to the bike I let the kids use, I prefer one too for slow control but if you are needing quick response then it may not suit you. I tried a qick action on my Beamish but it needs two weeks written notice before it will do anything adventurous anyway!