Getting More Beans Out Of My 175f

thespikeyone

I have heard of a couple of things available for the 175f, a big bore kit, not sure if you can get these for the 160 or not???? I have also heard there is a little black box (CDI I'm guessing) that will give it n extra 2000rpm.

has anyone done/know of these mods? what difference do they make? how much do they cost?

• 2 weeks later...

Much is spoken of removed bafflers and rejetting the the standard 20mm carb> It would be interesting to hear the other options available and preformance gain and COST

Who has tried the 24mm Mikuni carb, what about the high lift cam or the racing CDI have these transformed preformance?

Can someone go through suspension tweaks, bars or footpeg adjustment moving fore or arft what differance before I get my grinder and welder out!

look forward to replys FB

I've just recently put barrel, piston & head from a Yam 125 trail bike engine on my 125 - its transformed the bike (admittedly the old 125 had a broken ring= smoked a bit when really hot) but appears to rev much more freely even without reducing the flywheel weight. It may just be the increase in performance due to the ring tho. Back to back comparison with my 163 its smoother and revs much more freely just a bit down on bottom end. Plan to bore the old 125 barrel out to a 140 at some point.

Incidentally the 125 has a cable clutch +10mm on the arm but is lighter and better feel than the hydraulic magura on the 163.

I know i'm going to regret this but I have to agree with r2w!!! well there's a first time for everything......

I have a tys200 and quite frankly from a personnel perspective it has more than enough power for 80% of the riders out there, the amount of go those extra cc's make compared to the 143 transforms the bike into a very usable package! no ground clearance but a very usable package!!

If your one of those 20% who can actually use the extra power of the 250/270/290's then sell sell sell and buy one!!!!!!!!!!!! but be careful because if you don't know what to do with the extra horses be prepared to watch your scores mount up.

• 2 weeks later...
stupid question... and as i spend loads on bling i may not be the right person to ask it.... but why don't you just get a bike with more go in the first place!!! A 250 perhaps!!!

I was just enquiring about the performance parts available, and if anyone was using such parts!

• 2 weeks later...
I see that there are still issues with the 08 bikes on/off clutch same as the 125s were. Best thing is the adjustable clutch lever. Should be sorted at the factory now though. :gay:

luckly I managed to get one of the prototype bikes with has a different clutch ;)

I see that there are still issues with the 08 bikes on/off clutch same as the 125s were. Best thing is the adjustable clutch lever. Should be sorted at the factory now though. :gay:

luckly I managed to get one of the prototype bikes with has a different clutch ;)