Classic Or Modern?

bow wow

Bow Wow,

If you sell the Honda you'll regret it the rest of your life.

SAVE UP!

I think the modern bikes help improve your abilities and you learn

to handle the short coming of the older bikes. They actually compliment

each other.

Imagine trying a section on the TLR that you can't quite get right. You

jump on a Rev3 and practice it and it becomes easy. Now you KNOW

you can do it and you practice on the TLR until you get it right. It will

work for you!

Honda's not building any new TLR's!

sell the tlr, there not that good anyway, you can only ride one bike at a time and I bet once you have ridden the newer bike you wont want to ride the twin shock, as for which bike, its really up to you, I have found the beta easier to ride than the gas but i am not a great rider and dont bounce the bike about, never really faniced a mont, good luck. i dont regreat selling my seeley one bit, and it was a nice one, just enjoy riding the new bike.

Well folks,

Its done.

I feel like the dad in "the little house on the prairie" when he went out in the snow with the family dog and a shotgun, And returned alone.

The TLR is now nestling at the back of AB Motorcycle's shed and I'm the nervous owner of an 03 Gas Gas edition03.

The little TLR even started first poke for me when I was showing it off, if it had a little tail, I'm sure it would have wagged as I cocked the shotgun! ;)

So it went, and I made my choice.

The 2001 Mont was great from the motor forward, but the rear end looked shag**d, the Beta wouldnt start, looked like a tip bike and its owner was about 22 stone, but the gasser started first prod and felt right when I rode it. So for my sins I got it.

I know this is the classic thread, and I'm sorry to bring my story of selling out and joining the mono mob here, but I really appreciate your input, It has helped. :bouncy:

So if your ever in an easy trial in the South Wales area and see a red faced man struggling and cursing on a shiny red Gas Gas, please don't say "I told you so"!!! ;)

Cheers,

Paul. :wacko::D

I feel like the dad in "the little house on the prairie" when he went out in the snow with the family dog and a shotgun, And returned alone.

The little TLR even started first poke for me when I was showing it off, if it had a little tail, I'm sure it would have wagged as I cocked the shotgun! :wacko:

:bouncy:

I know this is the classic thread, and I'm sorry to bring my story of selling out and joining the mono mob here, but I really appreciate your input, It has helped. :wacko:

Hey Bow Wow, had to make the same decision a couple of years back and i've never regretted it however when my old TLR was sold recently on e-bucket, I'd have sold my stroppy daughter to get it back (only kiddin bex, yeah she reads TC as well) really wished I had the foldy paper stuff to get it back. Sometimes you have to make a call but once made don't regret it, you can't change what's happenned.

Edited by Slapshot 3

I had the TLR up for 900 squiddlys, but by the time the p/ex deal went through and the dust settled on my brain, it worked out a fair bit less than that.

Nevermind tho, I'm busy fettling the Gasser for its first outing and not looking back.

You see I've always had this philosophy, whatever you do, even if it turns out sh*t, as long as you thought it was the right thing to do at the time, learn from it but dont look at it with regret, whatever it is. Because in the same circumstances, with the same lack of hindsight you'd always make the same descision.

Nobody lives in advance of their actions. :rolleyes:

I am, actually, getting very excited about riding my new bike, more than I can remember with the Honda. I think I have made the right choice, I could have held out and sold the TLR separately thereby giving me the power of the folding paper, but I've always been a bit impatient and when the descision was made I had to do it then!. I also think I got the best of the bikes on offer (although the Gas Gas airbox design is utter toilet!) and can't wait to see how it goes between the flags.

Thanks again for the input and see you all in the sections.

PS the Beta wasn't all that bad, but it made a more interesting post! :unsure: