Txt 50 Help

tonyp884

I just bought a used 2000 Gas Gas 50 for my 8 yr old son. This is a much nicer trials bike than anything he has had before.

I know very little abouth this bike, and none of the dealers that I have called seem to have an owners manual or much knowledge of this bike.

I do know that the ignition has been upgraded and that the thermostat for the cooling system has been bypassed.

I'd love to make contact with someone who is currently maintaining a TXT 50, and maybe ask a few questions about routine maintenance.

I'm not sure how much nor what type of oil to use in the tranny. I've been told 5w30, 10w30, full Synthetic Dextron, Non-synthetic Dextron, MTL 75, and even a special General Motors differential fluid.

I'd also like know how much and what weight of fluid to put in the front forks.

Should I use 10 weight or would a little lighter be better?

Thanks for any help!

Tony P

Charlotte, NC

Tonyp884@aol.com

I have my 5yr old on a '00 TXT50. It's a great little bike. I've found the best source of info on the bike is Jim or Tim Snell at Rising Sun Imports(US importer for gasgas parts) So far they have been able to answer all my ?

Telephone#219-474-6656

I have a manual that I would be glad to send you, somehow i ended up with an extra one. I saw your son ride at TTC he was sure proud of that bike. We had a TXT50 for 3 years so I can walk you through about anything. :hyper::D

If you want the manual let me know.