Problem Bleeding Clutch On 98 Txt

txt270gasgas

I am trying to reverse bleed the clutch on my 98 txt, but i just cant get the fluid to go back up the pipe, the nipple isnt blocked, neither is the bit the nipple goes into, but when i put together and loosen the nipple i cant get any fluid at all back up the pipe, is there a valave or somthing,

any tips much appreciated

:wacko: i had a 04 pro and it was a nightmare to do. make sure u got no fluid in the system at all. then back bleed with a syreinge mine worked atreat . u might av to blead as normal after just to get thje presure best of luck dude whoever invented brakes :bouncy: i think its just patiance stik with it dude ;)

pro's are different mate, bleed from top, open reservior cap, close nipple and forget, gently work lever back and forth a small amount, you will see bubbles, keep doing, takes a while, until no bubbles, be gentle tho. id say check master cylinder as well as 9/10 they are knackerd at that age

I am trying to reverse bleed the clutch on my 98 txt, but i just cant get the fluid to go back up the pipe, the nipple isnt blocked, neither is the bit the nipple goes into, but when i put together and loosen the nipple i cant get any fluid at all back up the pipe, is there a valave or somthing,

any tips much appreciated

You generally don't need to reverse pressure bleed the clutch. My guess is that the adjustment screw on the lever is too far in and the system is closed off. Make sure the piston in the master cylinder comes all the way back to the stop at the circlip (under the rubber boot). Sometimes, on a bike this age, the piston return spring in the master cylinder will sack enough to not push the piston back to it's stop and you might want to check that and possibly replace it.

Jon

You generally don't need to reverse pressure bleed the clutch. My guess is that the adjustment screw on the lever is too far in and the system is closed off. Make sure the piston in the master cylinder comes all the way back to the stop at the circlip (under the rubber boot). Sometimes, on a bike this age, the piston return spring in the master cylinder will sack enough to not push the piston back to it's stop and you might want to check that and possibly replace it.

Jon

That was it !!,

I had adjusted piston pusher to try and stop the clutch dragging when i bought it, i since solved that with an oil change but adjusted lever back. I put it back where it was originaly and reverse bled all the bubbles out, it now feels good !

good stuff guys , thanks a lot !!!!!