Exaust Pipes

trials lad

Nothing I would expect, its just a silencer that is cheaper than OE. To gain more power from a 2 stroke you need to mess around with the exhaust at the exspansion chamber, i.e. the bit that bulges out. All to do with the back pressure etc, I'm no expert though. :hyper:

• 3 weeks later...
What kind of a differnce would one make to a '99 montesa's power?

Not a lot. Best bet is to repack the standard box with Silent Sport or similar and replace the wavy pipe you'll find inside with a straight version.

RS Components sell drilled zinc plated sheet that you can roll round a bar/broom handle to make one. The straight pipe gives more power, but at the expensive of a little grip.

If you don't want to make one, I know that the Tryals Shop can ship one over (I haven't found anyone who makes and sells them over here)

All told this costs about

RS Components sell drilled zinc plated sheet that you can roll round a bar/broom handle to make one. The straight pipe gives more power, but at the expensive of a little grip.

Never buy anything from RS. Look elsewhere. Use the catalog as a reference., they're bl%^dy expensive.