Trials Insurance

motorcycleemptyness

Hi - careful slack dabber, I went to renew my Carol Nash insurance and they told me it is explicitly NOT covered for use on road during competition and that they do not offer any policy which does. In the end Bennets were the only others I could find who offered a comp inclusive policy - decent price though.

Thank guys,

I have just spoken to Bennetts and they say that you are covered to ride on the road from venue to venue during a road trial but you are not covered to cross or use a road during a competition.Somewhat confusing ! But they assured me that if you are riding from venue to venue you would be covered for social and domestic and pleasure use. I guess that because you are not competeing on the road you are covered.(

Careful there, if you are entered in a competition, you are technically competing until you "sign off" at the end of the event.

That is why some events offer 3rd party competition cover for the road. It is a broadly similar policy to that offered to rally drivers driving between stages on the highway.

Big John

Hi - careful slack dabber, I went to renew my Carol Nash insurance and they told me it is explicitly NOT covered for use on road during competition and that they do not offer any policy which does. In the end Bennets were the only others I could find who offered a comp inclusive policy - decent price though.

So if you rang Carol Nash (as I did) to insure a bike for competing in road trials. They do not offer this??

I told them specifically what I was after and they quoted me.

Am I/they missing something here?

Just renewed with Carole Nash for my Classic Bikes.

They have just changed their insurer from Equity Red Star to Groupama - whoever they may be! Carole Nash are only brokers.

Take care when talking to call centre staff who lets face it, want to sell you insurance because of the commission they receive.

My Insurance certificate for last year did not exclude Trials but it was hidden in the Policy doc!

This year's Certificate specifically excludes competitions and trials. So I'll have to pay the extra to do road trials.

It's about time that an Insurer or two took a close look at the sport but I guess it's not worth their while.

Having said that when the premium for 3 bikes Fully Comp and 3 on Accidental Damage fire and theft (not road cover) cost me under

I've got a 1000cc road bike, a 400 Trail bike and a 250 trials bike. I insure them all on one policy, but I couldn't get anyone, including Carol Nash, to insure the trials bike for use on the road during an event.

That doesn't mean there isn't anyone, but just that I couldn't find them.

Incidentally, the cheapest quote I had was with a company called MCE who beat the next best by a huge margin and were

Just checked the Bennetts on-line-quote website

See https://quotes.bennetts.co.uk/secure/FullQu...etts-policy.pdf

Page 16

13. EXCLUSIONS

The Underwriters will not indemnify the Insured Person in respect of;

13.13 any Insured Event arising out of the use of an Insured Vehicle by the Insured Person in connection

with racing, rallies, trials or competitions of any kind.

Ouch

Just checked the Bennetts on-line-quote website

See https://quotes.bennetts.co.uk/secure/FullQu...etts-policy.pdf

Page 16

13. EXCLUSIONS

The Underwriters will not indemnify the Insured Person in respect of;

13.13 any Insured Event arising out of the use of an Insured Vehicle by the Insured Person in connection

with racing, rallies, trials or competitions of any kind.

Ouch

Just checked this out with Bennettts and yes it is correct , the cover is not valid for trials use !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bennetts have agreed to refund me in full (should think so too !) but unless i can find theft cover for less i may stick with them and just pay the RTA daily insurance on the day.

Many thanks to the Muppet at Bennets who after being given all the info on what i wanted the insurance for , didn't bother to check his company policy and just wanted to 'make that sale'......................

BEWARE !