Question For Munch?

benz19

Hi Munch.

I hope you dont mind me asking you this openly on TC,but as your one of the guys who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to the 4RT i thought i would ask you the following,plus i thought others could benifit from your advise and experience?

Im thinking of doing and engine overhall in a couple of months and am considering and oversize engine kit.

As i believe you have riden several i would like to ask your recommendations?

260,272,280,290,300 are some options available,but i have heard the standard cylinder head combustion deasign cant work efficiently with anything over 272,is this correct??

Thanks in advance Munch.

Benz

Edited by benz19

I have the Mitani 280 kit and I love it, just that bit more grunt in low revs that I needed. BUT you have to find a good PTB mapping for the kit, otherwise its rubbish.

A question, maybe also for munch.

Every map that I've used in my bike, both 250cc and 280cc, I have to reduce the fuel about 6-8% in order to get the right response from the engine and to get a nice color on the spark plug. The map I use for the 280 kit was originally from Mitani, the spark plug was sooty so I started to reduce the fuel. Now I'm done to 8% under the Mitani original, the plug is still abit sooty but the engine response is much better. I don't know if I should reduce any more, don't want to destroy anything. Does anyone know if the PTB has a vacuum sensor which can compensate for the added cylinder volume?

Edited by Ludde