Displacement Marking/stamp On Motor?

rodzilla

Was told my "new to me" '00 REV-3 is a 270

The "manual" (such that it is) says 250, but I have no idea if this book goes with this bike.

Is there a marking on the motor that will let me know for sure?

Edited by Rodzilla

Rod,

I had the same question for my 2005, since I was not smart enough to just ask the question here, I removed the cylinder cap and measured the bore: 76mm for the 270, 72.5mm for the 250. Mine was the 270 as advertised, must be an easier way to check though :beer:

Also, I don't know if those #s hold true for all Rev3 years, they probably do though.

Come ride Lefthand with us next weekend!!

Rod,

I had the same question for my 2005, since I was not smart enough to just ask the question here, I removed the cylinder cap and measured the bore: 76mm for the 270, 72.5mm for the 250. Mine was the 270 as advertised, must be an easier way to check though :beer:

Also, I don't know if those #s hold true for all Rev3 years, they probably do though.

Come ride Lefthand with us next weekend!!

I told Bill to give me a week or three to get used to the bike. I'm playing "Mr balance" in the garage each night and not doing well. The gyro effect of the motor helps when running, but can't do that with the kids asleep upstairs.

I'm heading east this coming weekend, my Grandma passed (we were really close) so off to Iowa for the funeral

Was told my "new to me" '00 REV-3 is a 270

The "manual" (such that it is) says 250, but I have no idea if this book goes with this bike.

Is there a marking on the motor that will let me know for sure?

Take the flywheel weight off and fit a fast action throttle, if it doesn't kill you - it's either a 250 or you're a Trials God like r2wtrials :beer:

... hasn't killed me yet!!! And i don't believe in god. ;)

I have come to the conclusion that if you are a fairly good rider and you try something a bit more than you usually do... and you grab a handful on the 270, it will take you into more trouble very quickly. When you are at my very low level you have no idea what trouble is... ignorance is bliss!!!

Heath i seen you today at the trial and you handled the 270 very nice............... for an over 40. :rotfl: