Lisbon Indoor Wtc Cancelled

cota kid

Quite simply the indoor WTC has become a farce. Three rounds this year have now been cancelled and its going to take a huge amount of effort to put some prestige back into this event. I put the blame firmly onto Andy's favourite company, Octagon, their pathetic attempts at organising and promoting this series have put the indoor WTC back 10 years and totally justifies Avondale's decsion to go it alone.

The question is who will organise it next year?

Mr Bean, the English FA, DEFRA.

What are the FIM doing about it? I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that Octagon's contract is with the FIM and that there's a clause that mandates penalties for bringing the sport into disrepute. If not, it's as much the FIM's fault as anyone else.

My personal opinion is that the IWTC isn't really trials; it's just a trick-riding demonstration but I appreciate that at least as the riders are concerned, it's where the money is and it's the only wide-scale public exposure that the sport gets due to its TV-friendly nature. However, I keep coming back to the thought that an updated, international version of the old Kickstart format would draw a much bigger audience, be cheaper to run and more effective at raising the profile of the sport. Let's face it, there's not much to see at indoor events for the non-afficionado once the initial "wow" factor has worn off.

Edited by neonsurge

I suggest that Cota approaches his new "arabian friends", they will have plenty of spare cash and who knows with CK at the helm, it can only be a roaring success.

Mind you with Redcar Bowl and hMiddlesbrough Town Hall Crypt as possible international venues, it will be heavily geared towards the Brits.

My votes for CK.

I suggest that Cota approaches his new "arabian friends", they will have plenty of spare cash and who knows with CK at the helm, it can only be a roaring success.

Mind you with Redcar Bowl and hMiddlesbrough Town Hall Crypt as possible international venues, it will be heavily geared towards the Brits.

My votes for CK.

Redcar bowl used to host world darts finals for years!!!