Swing Arm Movement

popeye

I understand this has been discussed before, however on my 98 cota my vertical movement has dramatically increased in a few weeks, well one trial and a day practicing, i'm not into big obstacles just novice stuff, I can now move the arm (when the wheel is off the ground) about an inch at the furthest point (wheel end), i will be stripping it down but wondered if any one has any pre-stripping ideas :rolleyes:

thanks for the info, i have removed the upper rear shock bolt and can't find any play in the swinging arm, i can move the shock from side to side quite freely, but thought this would be as designed, without stripping down dog bone and Y link can't seem to find anything wrong anybody had the same problem, also rear wheel has very slight lateral movement i guess this is the wheel bearing??? :rolleyes:

For anyone who is interested i found the needle bearing's on the dog bone link and swing arm link have worn, there is a bearing number somewhere within this forum but found it too late to save any real cash, however parts coming from sandifords so hope to ride at the weekend

cheers