Xispa In Scottish 6 Day

dortwilder

Joking apart i hope all goes well as we need more than current input into trials as the current choice to years gone by is limited.

If understand you correctly :) you're saying that the choice is limited tody in comparison to the past?

Not as far as I can see. In the '70's you had a choice of Bulto, Montesa, Ossa, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki (I've ommitted Honda 'cause they were crap), in the 80's you had Fantic, SWM, Montesa, Beta and a bunch of small Spanish brands (Merlin, Mecatechno), the 90's wasn't too different to today when we have Beta, Gas Gas, Montesa, Sherco and Scorpa.

So the choice isn't the best but it ain't far off.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand this one,we say we need a diffrent make of bike so that the other's will get there act together a bit more,in this case we're getting a copy of another,thats excellent new's for Trial's and it's future.

Beside's the price on them don't seem to be as cheap as they said,so why buy a copy when you can get the real thing for a little bit more.

Its not my policy to kick someone when they are down Donald...... but you are a Leafs fan and it would seem that this season you can go no lower! :)

we can you know, if the kings don't watch out we'll have the off bottom as well...never mind just go through the mantra ....Stamkos...Stamkos...Stamkos.....

Steve I was at the Scottish in 1999 - On the Monday - all the rads on the Aprilia's were plugged with mud as was the new Beta which then overheated - Story is Jordi tried to cool it off by scooping water outa "Beck" - this caused it to seize. - Sure got lots of attention around the Parc Ferme. That was the year JCM had a big team ( Nigel Birkett was on one) - I will try to locate the pics I took.

If understand you correctly you're saying that the choice is limited today in comparison to the past?

Not as far as I can see. In the '70's you had a choice of Bulto, Montesa, Ossa, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki (I've ommitted Honda 'cause they were crap), in the 80's you had Fantic, SWM, Montesa, Beta and a bunch of small Spanish brands (Merlin, Mecatechno), the 90's wasn't too different to today when we have Beta, Gas Gas, Montesa, Sherco and Scorpa

What about Italjet, Armstrong, Garelli, Aprilia and CCM.

My opinion is that Trials riding is less popular than in the 70s and 80s when it made national television and it was more widely known. Maybe this will bring China into the sport, as this maybe one day the only place available to ride due to are on going situation.

Edited by smalley250

in ten years time we'll all be riding chinese bikes wondering what we did before they came onto the scene.

50 years ago the japanese started copying british bikes and everyone laughed at their overweight poorly finished attempts - the rest is history.

i for one hope Xispa prove themselves at the scottish - its a tough baptism - look what happened to the 4t sherco when they tried

I'm with Overthhill, it's a tough trial but remember when the prototype Scorpa 125/175's (or what ever size they were!) entered in 03? Did anyone expect them to finish let alone do as well as they did?

Another point, look at how many far eastern companies have copied western cars when they first started off, now they are all well established brands on the car market.

Why shouldn't they enter and do well? I've heard all the arguments about them being copies but they here so lets move on. Good luck to them!

How far from stock do you guys think the ssdt xispa will be? After reading the spec of the bike in a certain bi monthly YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE, i would bet they are not useing the standard forks brakes or shock or xispas

• 3 weeks later...
What about Italjet, Armstrong, Garelli, Aprilia and CCM.

My opinion is that Trials riding is less popular than in the 70s and 80s when it made national television and it was more widely known. Maybe this will bring China into the sport, as this maybe one day the only place available to ride due to are on going situation.

I see the Chinese are quite good at bike trials, do not know how good they are at world level comp though and the bike they make i believe is not too bad ZHIbike.I have seen little chinese girls on uni cycles do absolutely amazingly things, balance is incredible.

Would it not be good for the sport of moto trials if the Chinese came on board.

They are already doing bike trials I don't see them doing Moto-x,Enduro ,road racing(i see they have a endurance team but no rider)

Can't be a bad thing if a nation of 1.3 billion people get on the trials band wagon.Looks like Europe is running out of places to ride there trials bike.

Just my thoughts.

Heres a vid of them bike trialing

in ten years time we'll all be riding chinese bikes wondering what we did before they came onto the scene.

50 years ago the japanese started copying british bikes and everyone laughed at their overweight poorly finished attempts - the rest is history.

Wake up people!!

Since China started producing any and everything at a much lower cost than the west.

Is your economy better?

Is the cost of fuel cheaper?

is employment up?

Do they treat their workers fairly?

Do they pay them fairly?

Do they follow the same pollution and environmental codes ?

Do they produce safe none toxic food and Medical products?

Some people are making a killing, and don't mind putting your job and health on the line, in return you get a cheap TV, trials bike, or tooth paste, how much will they really cost you in the end ?