Xispa In Scottish 6 Day

dortwilder

Wake up people!!

Since China started producing any and everything at a much lower cost than the west.

Is your economy better?

Is the cost of fuel cheaper?

is employment up?

Do they treat their workers fairly?

Do they pay them fairly?

Do they follow the same pollution and environmental codes ?

Do they produce safe none toxic food and Medical products?

Some people are making a killing, and don't mind putting your job and health on the line, in return you get a cheap TV, trials bike, or tooth paste, how much will they really cost you in the end ?

icon_music.gifMoney makes the world go round the world go round the world go round... icon_music.gif

Seriously, we are more worried about plastic bags in this country than any of that. :hyper: However... there is one big factor that could make a difference and that is 'food miles'. In my industry, people are asking questions whether we should be getting products from China when we can get them in the UK or Europe without the carbon emmisions in transporting it so far ( and the fact that China is a high polluter as well)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wake up people!!

Since China started producing any and everything at a much lower cost than the west.

Is your economy better?

Is the cost of fuel cheaper?

is employment up?

Do they treat their workers fairly?

Do they pay them fairly?

Do they follow the same pollution and environmental codes ?

Do they produce safe none toxic food and Medical products?

Some people are making a killing, and don't mind putting your job and health on the line, in return you get a cheap TV, trials bike, or tooth paste, how much will they really cost you in the end ?

Is your economy better ? Yes

Is the cost of fuel cheaper? No but you can't blame the Chinese solely for that

Is employment up? No it is the lowest it has been for a long time.

Do they treat there workers fairly? Probably not but alot of workers did not go back to the factories after chineses new year deciding they can make a better living on the farm after the government realized they need to feed 1.3 billion people and gave them better incentive to stay.

Do they follow the same pollution and environmental codes?No Has Australia and America signed the code NO. China is getting alot better with the environment still has along way to go.

Do they produce safe non toxic food and medical products?Yeah they have problems but why do the big western countries just blindly bring them in and sell.

Alot of Western countries closed down there factories in China this year because the cost of living in China is rising (wages, food and real estate etc) and moved there manufacturing to other third world countries.

That will give you other countries to pick on.

I don't blame China for getting what they can, more the western countries selling out, but no doubt it will change again, has one gets fat and lazy another takes over.

It's hard to compete with child and slave labor.

I don't blame China for getting what they can, more the western countries selling out, but no doubt it will change again, has one gets fat and lazy another takes over.

It's hard to compete with child and slave labor.

Western countries and multinational companies selling out or the greed is good factor.

I see adidas is looking at pulling out close to 300 factories they have in China and setting up else where.

Maybe Xispa will be made in Pakistan by the time it goes into production.

I thought that the Yanks had the equivelent in that they employ cheap labour from or get things made in Mexico?

I think the more competition the better for all concerned with regard to the bikes. It is just like dealers the ones who give rubbish service and rubbish products will eventually fall by the wayside to leave the good ones.......who then get complacent and fat and then the go......etc.... etc

The Xispa looks a nice little thing and i reckon plenty of folks will give it shot and with good reason, as has been said plenty of times before they all copy each other and all cry foul at some point or other. Just look at all the 2t models from each manufacturer and look how much alike they really are. :hyper:

I'm not a gambler and I wouldn't know how to put a bet on a horse (sorry Ishy!) but I'd like to run a book on whether or not the Xispa will actually appear at the SSDT!

I know the phone number of some good lawyers... :wacko:

Big John

Edited by Big John

You mean they wont know wether it's a xispa or a gasser ?? :dunce: i presume you are getting at?

Given that most people think its identical to a Sherco, a Sherco with a sticker kit would probably fool a lot of people. any half decent graphics place would soon be able to put a sticker kit together.

And im not a gambling man but I would put money on if some people rode it they would come back saying it wasnt as good as there Sherco :wacko:

hmmm im not sure!

gas gas normally manage the week.

so do sherco's.

werent rover taken over by a chinese firm last year just before the anouncment of these xispas?

truth here i reckon they will do very well.

The chinese and japanese riders are normally very good so why cant the bikes be?

jamie