Classic Chassis Kits?

Guest majestyman340

Guest majestyman340
Buy run it into a wall i did not mean at 40 MPH ! BUT just enough to open up a gap

it the top tube, after you have cut it ;)

Apparently according to the chassis expert that built Trevor Kemps modern Majesty frame, irreparable damage can be caused through using this method to alter head angles, even if you just push the bike into something solid! This didnt seem quite right to me, but as they have also built frames for Valintino Rossi, his views might be worth thinking about?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest majestyman340
Reading the posts maybe it only needs, must be aircooled motor, adding

to the championship regs already in place !

That should at least stop any future 4RT twinshock worries !

Sadly pretty much the same sort of rules that have meant P65 trials being ruined, with many riders feeling they need to spend

Apparently according to the chassis expert that built Trevor Kemps modern Majesty frame, irreparable damage can be caused through using this method to alter head angles, even if you just push the bike into something solid! This didnt seem quite right to me, but as they have also built frames for Valintino Rossi, his views might be worth thinking about?

We are talking trials bikes here ! you know the things you ride up rock steps ! irreparable damage my a%%

Guest majestyman340
We are talking trials bikes here ! you know the things you ride up rock steps ! irreparable damage my a%%

I didnt think his advice sounded that credible, but I guess there is no harm in taking my Majesty chassis to that guy in Cheltenham and getting it properly modified in a jig, rather than trying to do it myself, and screwing it up entirely.

Thanks Woody

I reckon I know what you mean about the L brackets. I'll ask you again in a while when you are happy with the location then I'll make nice looking brackets using what you reckon is the best position. I'm pretty keen to get rid of the original brake pedal too. It really is a monstrosity and reminds me of what was on 1960s Japanese commuter bikes.

David

Gave it a good try out today and footrest position seems fine, no adverse affect. Comfortable stance, bike grips well and still steers ok (for a 1960s Bulto that is, everything is relative....)

So I'm leaving them in this position now. Just need to be aware that as they are now level with the bottom of the engine there is more chance of snagging them but it didn't cause a problem today on a variety of section types - unlike the bloody fuel starvation.

Thanks Woody. How far back do you reckon the pegs are from standard?

Measured them up against the original plates/brackets and they are half an inch rearwards and 2.5 inches lower. Don't think there is any need to go any further back but that's just personal opnion obviously.

Just thought, as regards the height, I don't know whether the footrests on mine are original. The mounting is, so that is in the same place as yours will be, but the rests themselves may have been modified, so the 2.5 inches difference is relative to what was on my bike. As an indicator, the top surface of the new, lowered footrest is now about level with the centre of the sidestand pivot bolt.

Edited by Woody