How To Refit Beta Inner Clutch Cover

tonyp

I've bought a new inner clutch cover for my Beta Rev3. But the rubber padding between the engine and sump guard gets in the way of fiitting it. There looks tyo be two options, either (a) drop the sump guard off the bike, or (;) cut some of the padding out and then push/glue it back in afterwards. I've heard that getting a sump guard back on can be a nightmare job. How do people refit these covers ?

I found that the only way to get the sump gaurd back on my old 2003 Beta was to :

1) put back bolts in but dont fully tighten down [try to get at least 5 threads into the nut so they can take serious load]

2) fit all the rubbers and ensure they are in correct place.

3) using a ratchet tie down strap round the frame, plus a length of 2"x2" wood between the strap and the front of the sump plate. pull the strap up as tight as possible till the front mounts are close enough to the frame to fit the bolts, if there is still too big a gap, then use the leverage on the 2x2 to further manipulate the front of the sump plate into the correct position.

4) tighten all bolts and jobs done.

If your sump gaurd is bent, this is the only way to get it on, and it becomes a one man job thanks to the ratchet strap.

Good luck

Edited by AMCQ46

• 2 weeks later...

which coolant did you go for , and was your original problem corroded inside water pump housing.

was it a straight foward job getting clutch off, and did you renew all seals? I assume there is no need to take engine out?

as you can guess I am about to refit a new case when i order it i would like to make sure i have all the bits needed to refit in one go, would you mind listing all the bits needed please.

Edited by tilertrialler