Licenses!

highland lassie

I've had a few queries in recent weeks regarding the type of license that is valid for the SSDT. This seems to stem from the cost of purchasing a full FIM international license, so for the avoidance of any doubt there are only four types of license valid for the SSDT :

1. ACU Registration Card
  2. SACU License
  3. MCUI License
  4. Full international license

Unfortunately your national license from your home FMN, other than the three listed above, is not sufficient for riding the SSDT (in line with regulation 1.4 of our Supplementary Regulations), so please make sure you bring the correct license with you as you won't be able to start the trial on Monday morning without it! Any questions, drop us a line at the SSDT office.

As a matter of interest could a foreign national obtain an ACU or SACU licence by joining a British club and applying through that? One for John Collins and Big John I think.

NO!

Repatriation insurance is required to get a foreign national back home, if there was no insurance cover, the foreign national would be stranded in the UK and who would pay to get the rider home? Repatriation costs a lot of money!

Big John

NO!

Repatriation insurance is required to get a foreign national back home, if there was no insurance cover, the foreign national would be stranded in the UK and who would pay to get the rider home? Repatriation costs a lot of money!

Big John

is this why us scots are not allowed to get an ACU registration card - if so i'll pay for the taxi across the border myself :) it would be worth it considering the money i'd save :)