Which One?

doogle

Apologies for another which bike question but as most of the bikes are now nearly at least 20 years old it's a bit difficult to go out and have a go on all of them.

I ride as many of the traditional trials championsip as I can on my modern bike, but as I am a long way off 40 I am restricted to a few rounds.

I really enjoy the series so am thinking of getting an air cooled mono to have a go at the rest of the series.

Common sense says I should go for a pinky, but are they really as competitive as one of the last aircooled monos with front and rear discs etc like a Fantic 245. I used to have a 245 and struggled for grip but I thought something like a 205 would be a good option, and cheaper than a pinky.

I realise a pinky will be worth more money in years to come as they are already becoming modern classics.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Guest majestyman340
Apologies for another which bike question but as most of the bikes are now nearly at least 20 years old it's a bit difficult to go out and have a go on all of them.

I ride as many of the traditional trials championsip as I can on my modern bike, but as I am a long way off 40 I am restricted to a few rounds.

I really enjoy the series so am thinking of getting an air cooled mono to have a go at the rest of the series.

Common sense says I should go for a pinky, but are they really as competitive as one of the last aircooled monos with front and rear discs etc like a Fantic 245. I used to have a 245 and struggled for grip but I thought something like a 205 would be a good option, and cheaper than a pinky.

I realise a pinky will be worth more money in years to come as they are already becoming modern classics.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Nick Draper has had a lot of success on his mono Yam, but I think his bike is very far from standard with some special parts in the motor, and several changes to the chassis.

I just got a fully working Beta TR33 for around 300 quid (cheaper than a TY250); seems a solid bike, with a great engine and a front disk. Parts aren't too bad (Steve Goode and others). TR34's also good and available (nice one at Malvern for