Brake Pedal

neumy

I was also going to mention that Graham has a little loop welded to his brake pedal that faces the rear that makes it easier to reach the pedal.

I have used a large punch to dent the front of mine so that it does not return all the way forward. It makes it easier for me to reach the pedal.

Wayne

My size 12 boots used to stand on it all the time. I don't know how people manage - I like to have to make a definite grab for mine, sometimes a desperate grab :wacko:

Luckily I slid about 40 feet down a rock face a few months ago, bent the lever forwards and now fits the contour of my boot perfectly.

I'm dreading breaking it, I'll have to go back to self induced summersaults for a while until I managed to bend it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep,

I've shortened my pedal by about 1/2-3/4", just cut it and welded it back together.

Much easier to use 'though you have to press it a bit harder.

If you do the same, make sure you start welding it back together with a gap between the 2 pieces and get full weld penetration, don't just stick the 2 pieces together and run a lap around them.