Fantic 200 Yokes

davidhiggins

Hi all someone may be able to help.

I have a Fantic 200 (1982) with different yokes to a friend of mine, the yokes on my bike set the handle bars back towards the petrol tank while on my mates bike they are probably 3/4 inch further forward.Both sets of yokes have two pinch bolts to secure them to the stantions. After riding both bikes I prefer the riding position on my mates bike so would like to change mine the question is where can I get a pair of yokes that set the bars to the front of the bike and did fantic produce two fantic 200 with different front ends.

Also my mates 200 has a different cylinder head this I believe raises the compression, was this mod a works mod. Does it make them run better if so where can I buy a head.

Thanks for your help Regards David

yes the yolks were different i have several fantics and they vary .The ones that are more forward give a better steer.Ihave just fitted the fat bar conversion from classictrial ,this is a modified top yolk and is very effective.

Hi, 1982 200 back kick, had same front forks as 240, identifiable by the rear mounted handlebars and flat type front mudguard bracket (fitting bolts go downwards) also seat should be rubber, not covered foam. Yes the earlier type, forward position top yoke, should fit straight on, without changing bottom yoke. The cylinder head from a 125, will fit , this ups the compression ratio, but not so docile at low rpm. As for flywheel nut, i work on the principal, 'if it don't undo 1 way, it'll undo the other'.