311 Help Please

greenlaner1

got a cota 311 today, first trials bike ever but looks sweet,

i have had a quick search of the forum but couldnt find any info

does anybody know where to get a workshop manual for the 311, have seen them for the 315, are the 315's much different to the 311's?

bike had previously been standing for 6 months, which is what i suspect the sicky clutch to be from. are there any common faults i should look out for?

help is much appreciated ;) thanks,

GL1

manuals are avalible for these as my brother picked one up the other week off the the web the clutch problem is common on bikes bing stood the best thing is to start the bike up prefably in a field warm up the engine then roll the bike forward and slip it into gear without the clutch ride it around and try and get it into a bigger gear bigger the better while holding the clutch lever in do this for a few minetes try and press the back brake at the same time without stalling it it should free off then use the bike for short time to get the oil hot after this drain the oil and put fresh oil in and it should be ok but this will happen again if you leave it this is not uncommon in all bikes hope this helps

Guest majestyman340

I had a 311 new and it didnt come with a manual...............seem to remember it had some sort of pigeon english handbook, that told you amounts of oil etc.

oh right,

well does anyone make one, like haynes? checked haynes and they dont but any other companies who do similar?

if not where can i get one of those handbooks, or do i have to scour fleabay until one comes up ;)

cheers for the prompt replies peoples :D

GL1

hello again

been trying to kick over but not having it, plug out, pleanty of fuel getting through but no spark, put new plug in but still no luck, theres one yellow wire not connected to anything coming out of the loom from the bottom of the engine, and a small orange box with 2 terminals which isnt connected (at top nearest to headstock)

is there a wiring diagram for this bike anywhere on the web, or does anyone have one and wouldnt mind emailing it to me,

cheers fellas