Beta Rev4 - Catch 22

enrico

I fancy the new Beta Rev4 but in the deep South East (UK) they are as rare as hens teeth. A local dealer does have one in stock (and it has been in stock for some time - so thats a bit worrying?) but it is only available to try 'around the car park'?

The point of this post is to ask if anyone in the South (East) has a Rev4, where do they ride and what do they think of it? I would dearly love to try one at an event, but never see them around here. Riding in a car park is nothing like the slippery climbs and tree roots that are our normal fare so where do I have to go to try one for real?

I would seriously consider buying one, if there were one around to try. However, as no-one appears to have one there are none around to try, thus I won't buy one, so no-one else can try it and they wont buy one either ????

Perhaps John Lampkin can provide me with one to ride in South Eastern events, for a while, to promote the bike and offer test rides to all and sundry..... Obviously, I would be prepared to forego wages and win bonus' if such an offer were forthcoming.... :D

Perhaps John Lampkin can provide me with one to ride in South Eastern events, for a while, to promote the bike and offer test rides to all and sundry..... Obviously, I would be prepared to forego wages and win bonus' if such an offer were forthcoming.... :D

If you ring and ask him today he'll just think it's an April Fools joke ;)

I see that you have a Scorpa at present.

I swapped from one of these to the Beta 4t and unless you have had a four stroke already I would say that it will take you quite a long time to really be able to understand the way it wants to be ridden.

I got mine last December and have probably ridden a dozen events with it and I'm still adapting to it.

I would guess that going from a 2 stroke Beta would be easier as you would only need to get used to the difference with the engine. The Scorpa is a completely different animal with the long travel suspension.

One major plus with the 4t - compared to the Scorpa - is that you can drain the carb (in place) with a screwdriver, which is a massive bonus if you live in Scotland!!

It is a great bike and you should not be afraid to take the plunge, just be prepared for a whole new experience!