House/garage Alarm Systems

dr nick

I`ve got a Micromark basic wired alarm kit and the idea was to set it up in the garage for the bikes. Its got 2 PIR sensors and 2 door sensors in the kit and looks quite easy to set up. I take it that Micromark are not the top end of alarm systems, and most probably nearer the bottom end . So the question is....Do I put the alarm box on the outside wall for everyone to see, or do I put it in the garage, where it will make a loud enough noise to frighten off any thief. The reason I ask is that I did hear that potential thieves can see what alarm system they are up against if its on the outside of wall, and if its just a basic model (like mine) it will be easier to get past it.

Has anyone else got a Micromark Alarm ?

A few options for you: -

1) Put the Micromark bell outside and wire up an internal sounder in the garage - some of them are so loud, most folk only last 10 seconds before legging it.

2) Fit the Micromark bell inside the garage and put a dummy box (empty shell) outside. You can buy 12v LED's that will blink away for years...

3) Remove the Micromark sticker and replace with the name of a local alarm company (maybe buy the dummy box off them already lettered up?)

Cheers

Brian.

PS.

Any alarm is better than nothing :rolleyes: