08 Gas Gas Pro Clutch Problem

jenkinsm

Sometimes when i pull my clutch in it doesn't go back to the bar as it should, as if somethings getting jammed. Doesn't always do it. Anyone experienced this? The clutch still works fine though. Never had one do it before.

I had this problem with my pro, then the clutch had trouble releasing a few weeks later.

It could be the spring inside the piston which on the inside of you case your case (the one that pushes the little metal teeth when you pull the ever)

mine snapped then after use got stuck in an awkward place which gave me the problem

Hope this helps!

Hi Jenkinsm,

Had a similar problem with a friends bike, it was the clutch hose that was trapped under the headstock area behind one of the electronics boxes, the hose was squashed and created a constriction for the hydraulic fluid. A new hose solved this problem.

Bye, PeterB.

Thanks chaps, i'll get the casing pulled off A.S.A.P. I best just check that the cable hasn't got trapped too.

How does everyone find the 4th - 5th gear change on the 08's? I've had a pro every year but this one seems different. Sometimes it doesn't go in the gear and drops back in to 4th. Is this ok? I've changed the oil and there were no pieces off teeth on the drain magnet.

cheers,

Mike