Electric Trials Bike...

disc

click here

electric trials bike :)

you know what this means! carry around a spare battery and have a ride off down to the shops (while having a little practice on the way) and back without being hassled by the police! ;)

Edited by Disc

I actually had a go on one of these bikes a couple of years ago at the US WTC in Goldendale Wa. Pretty cool concept for sure! Very strange to ride for many reason's. No clutch and no noise!! Just the wining of the gears or charging system!. Hopefully they have done some work to it since then. I don't think the one I rode would be practical to actually ride a section with!

cheers, Steve :)

Three weeks ago I was at a motocross race and nearly got hit while walking in the pits by a kid on an electric skateboard! He had a japanese car starter motor lashed to the thing somehow. It was nearly silent and the only thing that saved me was when he tried to jump it over a small mound of dirt the starter motor fell off. He immediately flipped the thing over and started trying to fix it but the mounting bracket had snapped. It looked like a pretty neat thing. I bet electric trials bikes could be pretty fun, but I sure would miss the smell and the sound of a proper motorcycle.

Bradford & district Motor Club were asked to test a model last year. Top club rider spent a weekend deep in the Yorkshire dales testing the machine. The main problem was the water sections. The motor kept shorting out. After a few mods with the designer this problem was over come. (The battery was put into his riding jacket) It had great exceleration, just right for getting up the large rocks.

Two models were tested 1 suitable for the average clubman and the other for the experinaced rider. The larger size engine was fitted with the 'NOSPOT' condensor which was designed by one of our members.

(No Stop Plenty Of Traction)

The club will be continuing the with the tests later this month.

Two models were tested 1 suitable for the average clubman and the other for the championship rider.

I understand the full model will be available for the the 2005 British Championship.

post-3-1092416681.jpg

thats a shcooter :)

the only bad thing about it is it only lasts for 20 - 45 mins on a full charge n to carry a spare battery around wud be a pain and also would wiegh alot and the battery would probably cost alot too