Mont 315 Running Rich

yamahaty250xox

• 4 weeks later...

make sure you have run the bike for a while before looking at the plug.....If you start it up on choke and the look at the plug it might well be black.....Also if the bike is running ok, and revving out cleanly, ticks over nicely, then leave it alone...

And of course I agree with the previous post.

hi, i asume that you have checked that the air filter is clean and that you are running a bp5es or 6 ?. check how many turns the air screw is out and wind it all the way in and back out 1 1/4 turns to start with . warm the bike up, if it seems to be running ok ride it up and down a few times so it clears the motor out i.e. give it a bit ,then while riding pull the clutch in and hit the kill switch so that the motor doesnt have time to idle. take plug out and check colour, a nice biscuit colour in the middle is ideal. if it is still black turn the air screw out another 1/8 of a turn at a time till you get that biscuit colour. hope this helps .

• 3 weeks later...