Trials Bike Competition Insurance ? Ssdt

montesaman

Dear All,

Help! Has anyone been able to take out competition insurance recently? After Carol Nash discontinued their comp -inclusive cover last year, I had a frantic 2 hours ringing round every insurer I could find on the internet until eventually Bennets said they would cover competition usage along with TPF&T - I confirmed at leat 3 times on the phone converstation I had, that the policy covers road use in between sections whilst on the road.

Then, when I come to check the policy 1 month before riding SSDT I discover that competition usage is specifically excluded. So - I have been explicitly mis-sold the policy which is annoying (they are currently "going through the tapes"), but what I'm most concerned about is where I get insurance for all the other events after SSDT where the organisers don't provide insurance?

Can anyone give me a name/number of anyone who will provide this insurance please?

Thanks.

ps - why are the insureres put off by competitions - do they really receive a lot of claims from accidents that happen during road based trials? would have thought that theft was far greater portion of claims?

Mairi's been going on about this for ages in various posts...

For all the good it does - if I had a pound for every panic phonecall I've had through today... :rolleyes:

Seriously - it's now verging on being too late to get insurance sorted. If you haven't already done so, PHONE YOUR INSURER TOMORROW TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE COVERED. If you turn up Sunday and can't confirm that you're insured in line with the Road Traffic Act, you can't start the trial.

Goodness me...how much nagging does it take to get you lot moving?! :barf: