'08 4t Sherco

copemech

I should add a little snippet about finally getting a chance to ride the new 4T in TN. It was a out of the box minder bike, and probably the same bike Wayne has his eyes set on(if he does not already have it home).

All I can say is was impressive, digging at that hill between sections 14 and 15 was like nothing! You want power, just roll it on, you want to slow, just roll it off, as engine braking is awesome on the downhills. Chugs down low, has little care what gear you choose, excellent response and broad powerband with POWER and TORQUE!

I did manage to stall it once(trying), trying to do a quick (throttle and clutch) flik, like a 2T, requires a slight timing adjustment on a 4T, but at least I did not crash it like the Beta, which hesitated then surprised me(they use a different carb design in the CV)! Started second kick, no prob, I can live with that, no difference!

Of course, I am intentionally flogging things here, as a test to see what they will do, as there are limits to anything, just as the Mont will not even chug that low, it flames out before you even get there!

All this stuff seems to take a bit of change with the 4T's, as expected, I doubt the Gasser will be much different in certain respects. They are what they are, and they work! I like 4T, and yes I would have one, and the Sherco is one to be had!

M2C ;)

Edited by copemech

Mark,

It is in the garage! Drove down to Shelbyville on Monday and picked it up. Started on the second kick, I took the choke off to early and Ryan had to start it for me. After I got it home it again started on the second kick, I kept the choke on until it warmed up and it ran very well, rode around the neighborhood for about 15 minutes and parked it. Took about an hour to look it over good.

The quality looks pretty darn good, rotor bolts were tight, rear sprocket nice and tight. The only thing that I had to tighten were a few of the spokes, probably normal for a minder bike from a World Round. I plan to change the oil tomorrow evening and if the weather permits take up to our local club on Saturday. I do like the way they have attached the new fuel tank, I never liked that little bolt on the front. The new fuel cap is also a nice touch. I would always install fat bars and a Keihn, there is not to much for me to do to this one with the exception of greasing and anti seizing all of the fasteners. I will also modify the wiring a little, will probably leave the light on.

I brought home a set of fenders and decals but will not install them as it looks pretty darn good.

Will keep you posted,

Wayne

Ron,

I don't intend to be falling down.

I did get a chance to fire it up and ride it around the neighborhood again tonight. It is very strong in the first 3 gears. It took four kicks to start it the first time, after I warmed it up I changed the oil. That is a new experience, 2 drain plugs in the bottom, one on the side and then the filter. Next time will be much easier and less time consuming.

After changing the oil I rode it again starting and stopping several times, it started on the first kick every time. I think I am going to like this 4T thing.

Will know more after Saturday hopefully.

Wayne

Ron,

I don't intend to be falling down.

I did get a chance to fire it up and ride it around the neighborhood again tonight. It is very strong in the first 3 gears. It took four kicks to start it the first time, after I warmed it up I changed the oil. That is a new experience, 2 drain plugs in the bottom, one on the side and then the filter. Next time will be much easier and less time consuming.

After changing the oil I rode it again starting and stopping several times, it started on the first kick every time. I think I am going to like this 4T thing.

Will know more after Saturday hopefully.

Wayne

Slow steady kicks too, which lets the valve thingie work! Not sure exactly how it works on the Sherco, but I did get to closly examine one on a CRF250 honda recently. Basically just a spring loaded flyweight on the cam which is connected to the valve lobe by a shaft. Oh well! ;)