Advice On Buying A 2003 Sy250 Please

men8ifr

I saw this and would be interested in buying it - I am a beginner to trials though ride a lot of enduro.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPA-TRIALS-2003_W...1QQcmdZViewItem

What would your opinion be?

Is it worth the buy it now price?

I would hope to get it a couple hundred cheaper maybe? Or is that unlikely

I can view the bike first - what should I look for, what problems may be on this machine?

What other questions should I ask?

Since I don't ride trials should I be bothered about odd dents and scratches?

Is this a good bike for a beginner? Should I wait for a montesa 315 to turn up? (more robust? so better for a beginner?)

Thanks for your advice

The bike looks good in the pics, but i have found they normally look worse in real life! I would say this is a better starter bike than the Montesa as they are more controllable. As for what to look for its just knocks and scrapes generally but check for exhaust repairs on the middle box near the swinging arm and engine noise.

If it looks good its probably worth the buy it now price and I personally dont like Scorpas!!.

In my opinion you would be hard pushed as a beginner to get a better bike than a scorpa. the motors are superb and very tough. i Have seen the bike on ebay and although it looks clean its expensive. i just picked up an 05 sy for

looks good in the pictures,but I wouldn't bid for it without viewing it.If it rides and sounds right its a good buy at 1150/1200,bear in mind that 5 yr old bikes ride a lot worse than new ones,there's a lot of development that you can't see,and possibly more wear that you can only judge by riding it.I would say it's the best brand to start on .Good luck

OK thanks for the advice - I guess I need to see the bike.

If it goes for 1000 or less I think I would get it as that price - depending on how it looks and assuming it has no strange engine noises or other problems... Does that sound like a good plan?

Where else is a good place to get bikes at a good price?

I am also new to trials and tried the GasGas 280 first. After trying a Scorpa during an excellent Trials experiance day in Stratford upon Avon I changed to one within the week. For new riders I think the Scorpa is better for us and I have been very happy with mine. The good guys can ride anything, I need all the help I can find!

There Seems to be some good bikes on the classified pages of this site, including a few Scorpa's.

Good luck!