2008 Sherco 4t First Ride

wayne thais

Well things worked out just perfect this morning and I loaded the 3.2 4T on my bike trailer and hooked it up to the Goldwing Trike and went up to the local club for a first ride in the dirt.

SWEET!!!! The engine is incredible, strong and smooth, awesome power in the first 3 gears, 4th is no slouch! The power comes on very smooth, not jerky, no strong hit just like an electric motor.

The suspension is extremely supple, did not jar these senior citizen bones at all, I was really impressed. This is the first trials bike that I have owned in two or three years, Sherco has done a really good job on this bike. I am happy, was nervous about going with the 4T after having nothing but 2T's in former years.

Mark, there is something not exactly right about the front brake, I did not see any leaks, it felt like there was air in the system of the master cylinder plunger seal was not sealing completely. If I applied the brakes on a down hill the front brake lever would start losing pressure, if I applied it hard it was OK. Needs to be looked at.

Ron, I can see where you would say that a Michelin suit could be necessary, this thing has power. One thing that I did notice that in oder for it to run right at idle the air screw had to be set at 1/4 turn out, looks like I will be installing a larger pilot jet.

Wayne - VERY HAPPY with the 2008 Sherco 4T